Saturday, November 8, 2008

Grub

The grub scene in Kuwait is pretty cool because of the many cultures co-existing here. The restaurant I went was an Iranian located in the Mubarkiaya market in downtown Kuwait. The food was slamming. I ordered the beef kabob and a salad. The beef was real tender the bread was amazing. The only complaint I had were the flies everywhere hating on my food.

There are pretty big on burgers here for some reason. I have never been been to Johnny Rockets at home but I heard their burgers were good.


As soon as I saw the Popeye's on Beirut street I knew there were some black people somewhere..Lol The food was typical Popeye's with the exception of the biscuits which tasted like scones. Needless to say, I tore my 3 piece up. Good ole' pepsi and coca-cola are the dominant drinks here. They have got Kuwait on lock down. Almost every cashier conversation ends with the same line: Coke or pepsi. The people have yet to realize that coke kills.

The KFC is typical US prototype with drastic changes. No biscuit or potato wedges! Replacement? Dinner rolls and BK fries. However, they have this chicken sandwich that is off the hook. It looks likes the crunchy chicken zinger sandwiches back home but with chipotle sauce with an extra filet.

I don't know how Hardees was able to expand out here cause their food is garbage.


3 comments:

  1. do they have any doughnuts out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they even have a Krispy Kreme

    ReplyDelete
  3. yao...i hope you r suplemeting all your food reviews with some good ol' fashioned excercise...:) and what's w/ this comment moderation biz..we're no saboteurs

    ReplyDelete