Sunday, November 23, 2008

Identity Crisis



Both Puffy and Jamie have both put their "I's wishin" bid to become the first James Bond. My initial reaction was these two cats are desperate as hell to play a role not meant for African-Americans to prove what? I have no doubt that Jamie could play the roll better than most but why not reprise some of Sidney Potier's role, or better yet start our own traditional series. I know there no white actors lining up to be the first to play Shaft. We have enough black writers to come up with an originial story line unique to us.

Foxx said "I was in London and I had to give an award to Daniel Craig? and I went up and said, ‘Bond. Black Bond.’ And everybody just lost it… Black Bond would be cool.” Foxx is really buggin out.

Our children see us shucking and jiving and they too feel the need to validate themselves through the achievement of others. This is why one of the reasons why education is down the tube in low income areas. In many our children look to other races for motivation...

1 comment:

  1. True story.

    This problem runs deep in every area of life. Then those of us who ARE educated and are trying to become innovators and entrepreneurs get laughed at (I don't care anymore at my age, but in high school?)

    It's just amazing how cats will break their necks to emulate what White people have done, instead of standing on their own two feet and doing their OWN thing.

    ReplyDelete